Monday, May 7, 2007

so i didnt have that much time this weekend

So the post I said was coming this weekend is coming sometime this week but I'll just share my testimony
I grew up in a Christian home, and knew of salvation my whole life. The earliest recollection of becoming a Christian I have, was at pioneer clubs camp probably when I was 8 or so. Growing up I loved going to camp, and camp is probably one of my major influences. It showed me that you didn’t have to wear a suit to be a Christian. It was a place where you felt accepted.

The end of middle school and start of high school were probably the roughest years, I didn’t have any friends out of church, and most of my friends from church I only saw once or twice a week. I was kind of stuck in-between wanting to be a Christian and just giving up.

It was around this time that Paul Epp started teaching my Sunday school class, which was great for me. He for the most part wasn’t scared to ask hard questions even if he wouldn’t get answers. Looking back I don’t think it was answers he was looking for, just making us think about it.

My biggest influences have been camp and all the wonderful counselors that have counseled me, and this church with all the Sunday school teachers and people who just generally encouraged me.

Family has also been a pretty big influence, I’m so happy that I lived in a godly home, and have godly parents. And a great brother and sister and I have two awesome grandmas and lots of good uncle and auntie’s and cousins that have been a great influence on me.

I also want to thank all my friends who have been by my side through thick and thin.

This takes me to last summer, my camp offers a leadership development course. And I decided to take it. This week was the most spiritually challenging and uplifting week of my life. The speaker really challenged us to give our all for Jesus, and I learnt team and individual skills. Then later that month I counseled for a week at camp, and two of my kids decided to follow the lord that week which was a huge encouragement to me.

Tht first week was also the week that earl and Ramona Reimer our assistant directors found out that Ramona had cancer. It was tough even to hear that news but it has taught me to pray more passionately and has been an encouragement to get through my minor struggles.

So id like to encourage you to get involved with camp ministries maybe and if you have kids or grandchildren then try to get them to go to camp. Beaver creek is the camp I went to, and will be counseling at this summer.

I’ve spent the last 10 years struggling with god and will probably continue to struggle with him, so my prayer is that I will surrender everything to him

One of my favorite verses comes from Ephesians 2:4,5
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

I have made the choice of becoming baptized because I think Jesus called us to get baptized and to be disciples of him.

.thankyou. to all who have supported my decision

im getting baptized on may 27th and our service starts at 10:45 and there will be a potluck lunch after, anyone is welcome to come

1 comment:

. said...

nice to read what i already heard and what i already know about and what i already see in your life...

ps- makes me even more excited about camp!