God has speaking to me lots about writing about something i see as crucial in my relationship with Him, hearing Him and more important listening to Him.
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. John 10: 27-28
If we are followers of Christ we listen to Him, we hear His voice and are obedient. The Holy Spirit is our direct line to Jesus who is our direct line to Father
Sometimes I struggle with hearing God, sometimes I think I'm completely missing it. I get down on myself because I talk to God and sometimes the answer doesn't seem tangible.
God speaks in silence
1. sometime we cant hear God because we are too loud ourselves, or not willing to sacrifice our precious me time to pray and silence ourselves, ready ourselves to hear.
2. When he doesn't seem to respond sometimes its because He wants us to learn through the bible, because He has given us a lot of answers, if we were disciplined enough to study it and ask God for wisdom and revelation (Ephesians 1:17-19)
3. sometimes we are just in the desert, its not a bad thing.(matthew 3:16- 4:11) Jesus was in the desert, he was driven out there by the Holy Spirit right after Holy Spirit descended on Jesus like a dove and the Father said this is my Son whom I am well pleased. we often panic when we are in the dry places, but its so important to trust God in this place because this is when the devil will try to tempt us to fall away from Christ.
God wants us to be sold out! willing to hear His voice, willing to learn in ways that may seem "foolish"!
1. sometimes God tells me to stand up and then 5 seconds later tells me to sit down. He has given me one dream and then given me a completely different dream. and told me this one is for now and this one is long term " be willing to bend to hear my voice".
2. be willing to hear "I Love you" simply said be willing to hear what is biblically true if you hear " I would like you to help that poor person" do it and hearing can be a feeling you get it doesnt have to be a audible voice haha or it can be that quite voice that it usually is for me. and then even right after hearing " i love you" be willing to be corrected God corrects those He loves, if you have sin that you haven't confessed sometimes God puts it on your mind but sometimes He speaks through silence at this time especially when it comes to direction or ministry, He wants us to sort it out before we go any further.
3. Even Jesus heard satans voice. We are not immune to hearing demons voices. if anything that is being said to you is condemning, not said out of love rebuke it don't tolerate or entertain such thoughts. God loves you, you are found worthy in His sight. God brings conviction of sin God will specifically point things out. Satan loves to accuse, bring condemnation on you don't mix the two. use scripture to rebuke the devil, but most importantly be willing to believe what God has said for you, confess sin if you need but find freedom through Jesus dont let satan accuse you.
live the Bible out God is a teacher let Him teach you
1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn
God is love, so walking with the spirit of God means that we are love, dont harden your hearts to showing love to your enemies. be quick to forgive. carry your cross. proclaim Gods love fearlessly. dont let anything get in between you and God. it may block his voice. He is quick to extend his arm, to those in need.
ask Him questions, nothing is too little. be willing to read His answer. seek Him out. be willing to hear His answer. quite yourself. dont worry, dont control. know that He loves you and has hope for you. He wants to be intimate with you. dance with the trinity.
this is in short what God has been teaching me lately, any opinions, any advise, anything you think i completely missed. i want to hear from you, because God speaks through people.
I think this is part one I might revisit this soon. focusing on fear of the Lord, false humility, love language, and might even get into prophecy.