Sunday, March 4, 2007

am i contending for the faith? / general life

well i haven't posted in like forever... partly because ive been feeling a little overwhelmed with homework and my recent promotion at work.. but mostly because ive been feeling lazy when not studying and doing homework.

Am I contending for the faith?

lately i really feel like i haven't done enough in the name of jesus and mostly been done stuff for me and me only. sometimes i feel like i go to church on fridays and sundays and am excited about it but then the rest of the week god gets to sit in the backseat or the trunk. i get shown opportunitys to express my faith but instead i do nothing.

If you would ask most people at my school they would say i was a nice person, but only a select few know that im a Christian. When i entered high school i made some new friends, some went to elementary school with me but not middle school with me. Non believers but generally nice people, well making friends has always been kinda hard for me probably cause im quiet and seem socially retarded sometimes haha so didnt define myself as a Christian. Its not like i did the things they did like swear and party a bit, but i never said that i was against the things they were doing. they were spewing there atheist thoughts and i never said a thing. Well that summer i think i went to camp and probably reclaimed my faith in god. All was good until school started again, but then i saw what they were doing and was ashamed of myself for not defending god when i had the opportunity's so i distanced myself so i wouldnt have to be ashamed. And this is what i currently do, thought im trying to break through and have thrown alot of hints that im a Christian and some people have caught on i think so it will be a vindicating moment when everyone knows. please pray.

Mathew 25
this chapter comes to mind and sometimes i dont feel like im ready for christ to come back. I dont think that i have been waiting for him to return and have used the time ive had foolishly.

34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

i think of this verse and i think of the people who i should be helping but im so wrapped up in serving myself, though i think ive been breaking out of my selfishness

but works without faith is dead just as faith without works

i cant help but feel excited about the things god will do through me if i give him everything and hold nothing back. and i think im walking forward most days. breaking through the bondages of sin and shame that have held me back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General life

t
oday i started christian life classes at church, the first step at my church for baptism, a step in my christian walk that i think is important

please pray for Earl and Ramona
and for Chantel's dad

i lost my bible sometime in the last week so if you find it return it haha

i got a promotion at work which has kinda been a little stress filled i now work build line( basicaly make pizzas and sandwiches ect) at boston pizza, and i havent learnt very fast and have screwed up a few pizzas already and am pretty slow at it even though ive been studying all the pizza lists

ive been falling behind in english class because hes been giving lots of homework and ive been lazy

tomorrow im going to go get a blood sample taken for the unrelated bone marrow registry

saturday my parents leave for australia for 3 weeks

ive been asked to go to Africa this October to help with building some buildings and i think it is something that my heart desires to do but i have three things on my schedule for this next 12 months and can only do 2 of them either camp and trip to india with my bro or camp and africa
unless i can can fund raise (not something i like doing that much) like crazy for africa

we will see what is in store for the next year

if youve read all this then thank you for caring haha
until next time
grace and peace
chad



1 comment:

Chantel said...

Hmm...I definitely read it all Chad, and I do care. You are dear friend of mine and the encourager of my own blogs so I just hope that my comments encourage you as well. I can imagine how you feel when you talk about not doing enough for God...and such things, and I pray for you that you will find yourself feeling better about things and living your life in a way that brings you peace. My thoughts and prayers always,
Chantel