Tuesday, September 2, 2008

God's not safe. but he is good.

this past weekend my church had family camp. it was at turtle mountain bible camp, which is south west manitoba. I had a really good time, didnt get alot of sleep, learned a bit more about God, did some wakeboarding.

I was going to write about what the speaker was talking about but now i think im just going to talk about a few personal interactions.

As i have written in my blog I was thinking of going to ywam in spain this coming february. Jeremiah is now really wanting to come with me now so i think we will do it together, we prayed about it alot saturday evening. i had emailed them a couple times like 3 weeks ago and they finaly decided to email me back on monday with some great information. im a little heartbroken though, if we go to do a dts in spain it is over at the end of july which pretty much means that there is only a possibility of being at camp for one week.

saturday night we decided we wanted to go sleep in a nearby farmers field under the stars because it was nice out and there werent any bugs, so me, jeremiah, and scott penner slept out there. so we were inbetween swaths lying under the stars with a lighting storm far off in the north( it was a really beautiful moment). jeremiah was pretty much asleep almost right aways but me and scott chatted for a while, wondering how people could put God in a box and discussing how we put God in a box too. it was kinda funny, i was so tired and i started rambling a bit and kept on saying stuff that made sense in my head but it definatly didnt make sense anywhere else. we went to bed and it was good, i tend to be really out of it if i wake up in the middle of the night and that night was no different because when i woke up in the middle of the night i could swear that there was a tractor coming for us ready to make us into bales.

well the reason im home right now writing this blog would be because i cant get ahold of my boss and have no idea where im supposed to be right now, so im going to try to make the most out of this time off and go take a nap and wait for the phone to ring.

1 comment:

PamJ said...

wow sleeping under the stars. you guys are pretty brave! not sure if I could do that, well no bugs would be an incentive for sure...
I like your blog Chad, keep up the good writing! no pressure :)