Sunday, October 19, 2008

everest

Well now that ive waited so long to post I dont really remebmer what"drawing lines in the sand" was I think it had something to do with a conversation around a firepit where me and a few brothers talked alot about how depressing it is to have to say that Jesus is the only way to heaven, we all believe it to the depths of our being, but that line is just utterly depressing, but thats as far as I can develop that thought 3 weeks later. Hope is still the only thing that keeps me going, and I'm glad that God gives us a hope through Jesus.

Before I forget to mention it all together, I am pleased to announce that I am in the final stages of an application to attend a DTS (discipleship training school) at the ywam in Homer Alaska, it all sounds good at this point. I am excited for this next stage in my life, I think it will be a experience of a lifetime, I am ready to be stretched out and learn what it means to be a disciple, it starts in january so it will arrive sooner than I probably think. So continue to support me through prayer.


I got a gift certificate for "the light" a christian book store from my sister for my birthday, and I purchased two books "the barbarian way" and "death by love". I just finished reading "the barbarian way" which I thought was a really good book ( maybe its because in the first few chapters he has a few references to the movie braveheart) it really showed me how complacent and domesticated we have become. I would give it a 4.5 out of 5. heres a few powerful quotes from it "The claim to believe is simply not enough. The call of Jesus is one to action" "your life is unique before God, and your path is yours and yours alone." "Perhaps the tragedy of our time is that such an overwhelming number of us who declare Jesus as Lord have become domesticated - or, if you will, civilized. We have lost the simplicity of our early faith. Beyond that, we have lost the passion and power of that raw, untamed, and primal faith."

1 comment:

Jenna said...

wow! i am so excited for you. this will be a life-changing experience for sure. i am praying for you chad.