Thursday, November 27, 2008

of dread and dreams

Rant #'s 2, 4, and 7 of the day all combined:
I hate the internet, with travel websites, and youtube taking the top hatred levels. so i am trying to book a flight to homer, alaska. as i have figured out homer isnt a very popular destination so there arent alot of flights there no problem i figured it out and there is at least one flight to homer from anchorage a day so ive been looking at plane tickets for a while, wish i would have gotten my tickets a while ago as they were cheaper but oh well ill pay the extra amount. now here is where the hate starts, i got to book my flight and pretty much every flight i click give me this same messege "We're sorry. Due to changes in airline availability, the fare for your selected trip is no longer available. We have adjusted the fares for all affected flights. The fare for your selected trip is now $ 2360 total. See below." and i get this same thing for pretty much all the flights except for one, it costs about $100 more than the others and thats not a huge probelm but it really ticks me off. oh and why does it take 20 hours to fly to alaska with almost half of it being sitting in airports like seriously. luggage fees dont even get me started on luggage fees 15 bucks for the first bag 25 for the second what is that. thats what i get for flying with united.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Hmmm . . . maybe you should kayak there . . . I would start at the top of Vancouver Island and make my way up. Shouldn't take you more then a couple of weeks!